Sep 17, 2010

Kickin' it off


Okay, so let's get this started the right way. A quick, easy project.
 
My choice: New Look 6950 - Misses separates for knits. 

I used some red cotton stretch knit that was in my stash (a sale purchase from Joann's). In case anyone is interested, this one takes about the same amount of time as a 14-month-old's nap... very handy if you happen to be squeezing your sewing into about 2 hours. That even included layout and cutting time. 

I'm certainly no master sewist (yet!), so I don't have the all the great, fun gadgets and equipment I'd love to have access to. No serger means a ballpoint needle, walking foot, and zig zag stitching. I don't mind... I think it still turned out stellar, even if it is just a simple, solid color top. I have bigger projects in the works, but right now I'm trying to build up a versatile wardrobe to go back to work. That's right, folks. In a few weeks, I'll be rejoining the working world after nearly 4 years! (I don't count those part time gigs or the disastrous vet clinic I put my heart and soul into but was horrendously under-appreciated) I digress... Much needed easy-to-pair separates were first on my queue after I got back under the sewing machine. 
Here's how it turned out:


The neckband was quite a bit wider than I expected based on the line drawing. I still really like it, but every time I raise my arms it rides up in a major way. Cute enough, still, that I don't mind pulling it back down and adjusting the shoulders. We'll see if I get totally annoyed after having to do it all day.

1 comment:

  1. Grat looking t-shirt! The neckline is very attractive.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...